To produce competent basic doctors and highly qualified post-graduate physicians.
The graduate of the Institute should:
- have acquired requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes for preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative health needs of the country;
- be familiar with the National Health Plans and be able to apply knowledge based on management science in the implementation of the health plans;
- be capable of identifying and solving health problems;
- be capable of updating oneself by continuing education and research;
- have the capability of adapting to the changing medical technology;
- be capable of meeting the present as well as the future needs of the health care system and society’s expectations;
- have developed a holistic and humane attitude in dealing with patients;
- be capable of appropriately applying matters relating to man and his environment in the field of health in line with the National Health Policy;
- be familiar with medical ethics and observe and practice its codes;
- have greater commitment to patriotic ideals and a spirit of altruism.