To realize one of the social objectives of “Uplifting health, fitness and education standards of the entire nation”, the Ministry of Health has laid down the following objectives.
- To enable every citizen to citizen full life expectancy and enjoy longevity of life.
- To ensure that every citizen is free from diseases.
To realize these objectives, all health activities are implemented in conformity with the following strategies.
- Widespread disseminations of heath information and education to reach the rural areas.
- Enhancing disease prevention activates
- Providing effective treatment of prevailing diseases.
National Health Policy
The National Health Policy was developed with the initiation and guidance of the National Health Committee in 1993. The National Health Policy has placed the Health For All goal as a prime objective using Primary Health Care approach. The National Health Policy is designated as follows:
- To raise the level of health of the country and promote the physical and mental well-being of the people with the objective of achieving “Health for all goal, using primary health care approach.
- To follow the guidelines of the population policy formulated in the country.
- To produce sufficient as well as efficient human resources for health locally in the context of broad frame work of long term health development plan.
- to strictly abide by the rules and regulations mentioned in the drug laws and by-laws which are promulgated in the country.
- To augment the role of co-operative. Joint ventures, private sectors and non-governmental organizations in delivering of health care in view of the changing economic system.
- To explore and develop alternative health care financing system.
- To implement health activities in close collaboration and also in an integrated manner with related ministries.
- To promulgate new rules and regulations in accord with the prevailing health and health related conditions as and when necessary.
- To intensity and expand environmental health activates including prevention and control of air and water pollution.
- To promote national physical fitness through the expansion of sports and physical education activities by encouraging community participation, supporting outstanding athletes and reviving traditional sports.
- To encourage conduct of medical research activates not only on prevailing health problem needs of the country.
- To expand the health service activates not only to rural but also to border areas so as to meet overall health needs of the country.
- To foresee any emerging health problem that poses a threat to the health and well-being of the people of Myanmar, so that preventive and curative measures can be initiated.
- To reinforce the services and research activates of indigenous medicine to international level and to involve in community health care activates.
- To strengthen collaboration with other countries for national health development.