1) To provide high quality medical education, to produce good medical doctors who are competent in clinical skill and fundamentals of medicine with good communication skills and ethical standards
2) To provide academic services to the community
3) To assists medical professionals become lifelong learners
4) To conduct research in basic science and clinical science in cooperation among scientists to support medical education and promote health science.
- Research Orientation - UM2 graduates must have research culture.
- Ethics and Empathy - UM graduates must follow ethical standards and must have empathy with their community.
- Ability (Competence) - UM2 graduates must be competent doctors.
- Lifelong Learner - UM2 graduates must be lifelong learners.
- Unity - UM2 graduates must be able to work harmoniously with all stakeholders.
- Motivation - UM2 graduates must possess strong commitment to be qualified professionals.
- Thinking - UM2 graduates must possess critical thinking.
- Worldwide vision - UM2 graduates must have worldwide vision
- Outstanding leaders - UM2 graduates must be outstanding leaders.
The undergraduate of the University of Medicine (2) will:
1. acquire requisite knowledge, skils and attitudes of a medical profession and provide holistic patient centered medical care
2. be familiar with the health delivery system and the National Health Programmes
3. be capable of identifying health needs of the community and solving the health problems through their expertise and skillful communication;
4. be capable of continuous professional development of oneself by education and research;
5. have the capability of adapting to the changhing medical science;
6. acquire managerial skills and team working including multi-professional team;
7. develop professional accountability, responsibility and altruism;
8. be familiar with medical ethics and practice its codes;